Thursday, April 29, 2010

Transitional Phase - Winter to Summer

Here we are again, meeting face to face with spring. It should be a joyous time, and in fact, it is at first. But then the meek realization that we (our bodies) are not prepared for such "exposure" after the long hibernation seems to hit us below the belt. As I was walking the other day I had a thought (maybe a twitter, for some of you): An average body is okay, an okay body is good but a great body is what we all want. So gorging on pasta and ice cream all winter wasn't the ideal diet. Hey, I know, I won't do diets. Not in my vocabulary. Eating right, well that's hard too.

Dietary concerns aside, there is my biggest issue - which begins and ends with hair. From top to bottom ladies...could we possibly be related to bigfoot? And even if you shave you end up getting all those itchy red bumps because you go and cover up that crappy shave job (the kids were yelling for you after all) with a pair of jeans that you know are too tight for you (only because all your sweats are in the wash). This goes on all winter with the legs, armpits and the dreaded bikini area which can just go to hades for all I care.

I think what I'm trying to say is...um, let's start a revolution? No, I'm not french and I've seen the look on my husband's face when he sees one of those lovely natural ladies lift their arm to catch a taxi. Maybe, after all, I do it all for him. Ha ha ha, who am I kidding. I've been married too long to care what he thinks most of the time (unless he agrees with me). Let's face it ladies, a clean shaven leg is a beautiful thing. It's smooth and shiny and makes you wanna put on a pair of shorts even if it's 35 degrees out. And one thing I'm partial to is the way it feels when you slip into a freshly made bed at night. As opposed to that "sleeping on a bed of nails" feeling.

So out with the revolution, I say we pool together and get a government grant to supply the hardworking housewives of the county with high quality shavers. The kind we stare at for 10 minutes before picking up the 50ct value pack of single blade lady bics for $2. Yes, I can see it now, no nicks, no shaving in between shaving, no bloody bathtub and towels. But just for good measure I would still buy the lady bics because I have a teenage daughter and you have to start somewhere (hey, I did).

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment